Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bill Eppridge

From Woodstock to Robert Kennedy's assassination to his own back yard, Bill Eppridge has seen and shot it all. This man knows how to look at what is around him through the eye of a camera. His pictures were some of the most inspiring that I'd ever seen personally.
A good part of his time was spent talking about his time following Robert Kennedy in the time leading up to his assassination. Hearing him talk about how different things were then, being able to be right there with the action and not being pushed aside on things they didn't want him to see made me a little sad that I'll never get a chance similar to that as a photographer. Hearing his play-by-play account of the day of the assassination brought a tear to my eye even though I wasn't alive to witness that day for myself. Hearing how he was inspired to record history rather then help was also a very interesting comment to consider. His statement embodied what being a journalist is all about. It's not taking part in the action but sitting back and recording it and keeping an account of it as it goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment