Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ethics Debate: Front Page Politics

I would not hesitate to publish a story about the candidate's abortion. It has been proven as a fact with medical records, so this is not a case of libel. Instead, the publication would be an example of uncovering shady politics and exposing a "Do as I Say, Not as I Do" candidate. If I were originally supporting this candidate for her anti-abortion policies, I would be outraged at the hypocrisy and I would have the right to know about the candidate's abortion. This isn't a case of wether or not the subject is in the media spotlight or not. She could be a small-town nobody or a presidential candidate and I would feel the same way. No one should be able to get away with blatantly lying to those who respect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment