Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Top 3 Stregnths

My top three talent themes from Strengthquest are Empathy, Responsibility, and Harmony.

I can use empathy in my professional career as a journalist because with my ability to empathize, in interviewing people for stories, I will be able to make them feel more comfortable with talking to me because they will feel like I understand. In the description it says that I give voice to people’s emotional life and that people are drawn to me. Because of these reasons, I can understand interviewees’ feelings enough to get a good interview about subjects that might be difficult to talk about.

For my second strength, responsibility, I can use that in my professional career because it makes me dependable. I’ll follow through on what I say I will do and “this conscientiousness, this near obsession for doing things right, and your impeccable ethics, combine to create your reputation: utterly dependable.” This is ideal for a career that depends on meeting deadlines.

Finally, I will be able to use harmony to be able to write unbiased articles. I look to maintain harmony, and instead of pushing my own opinion, I try to find common ground. I will be able to use harmony to objectively research and write pieces that can be presented to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment