Tuesday, December 8, 2009

StrengthsQuest

My top three themes were intellection, adaptability, and connectedness. 

According to my description of intellection, I like to think and stretch my mind in multiple directions. Intellection involves solving problems, developing ideas, and even trying to understand other people's feelings. I think the theme of intellection fits me because I do like to think everything out. I look at any and every option when making a decision. For my career, I have actually decided to become an elementary school teacher. Having intellection as a strength would help me think of new ways to teach and explain matters to students. 

According to my description for adaptability, I am a flexible person who can stay productive when the demands of work are going in all different directions. It also says that I don't see the future as a fixed destination. This is my favorite strength and I think it describes me well. I have always believed that you have to do your best with what you are given, even if life isn't going the way you would like it to at the moment. In my opinion, elementary school teachers have to be very adaptable because each day in the classroom is different. All children are different and require different kinds of attention. Some students may also require different methods of teaching than the rest of the class.

According to my description for connectedness, I think that all things happen for a reason and that we are all a part of something larger. I liked this theme because I do believe that everything happens for a reason and that we all have a purpose in life. I actually had to laugh when I read this description because my mom and dad have always said "Everything happens for a reason" or "Que sera sera." If you would have told me last August that I would be at Mizzou, I would have asked you what Mizzou was. My whole life I was raised to be a Florida Gator, but a few incidences in my life led me to Mizzou. I don't know why, but I know there is a purpose in my attending school here. In my opinion, everything always works out for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment