Sunday, December 6, 2009

StrengthsQuest

My top three strengths were achiever, relator, and harmony. I found that all of these strengths do apply to me, and I believe StrengthsQuest came up with a good description of my strengths. Each of these things can be used to help me through the rest of my academic career, and also in journalism. Achiever was my first strength, and through journalism I know that each day I will have a task I need to accomplish. Being an achiever means that I must do something significant every day, and I am always pushing to do more with an internal force. I enjoy working hard and being highly productive. Both of these things will help me for the rest of my time in school, and in photojournalism. Being a relator shows that I work well with others, and in the position of photojournalist I will have to work closely with editors and with writers who I am working on stories with. I want a relationship with those around me, and I want to work toward group goals. My third strength is harmony, which I think goes well with relator. I want the people I am working with to get along. I am good at finding areas to agree on, and I think bringing that into the work place will be beneficial. When working in a team, I can help everyone come to a consensus – and that is often what journalists must do. All of the strengths this assessment gave me will be applicable for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment