Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Strengths Quest

My top three strengths were context, harmony, and empathy. The strength context did not surprise me, because I find that I already use it often. It will be an especially useful quality someday in the journalism field. Being able to look back at the past to help understand the future will help be better understand different people and their situations. As a journalist I will be meeting tons of new people from all over. It also said online that I will become a better partner because I'll understand how my colleagues came to be who they are.
I think harmony is a great strength to have in any job field. Journalism is a very opinionated field. By respecting others opinions and views I will be able to keep harmony between myself and fellow co-workers. When others are fighting and getting heated it will come in handy to help try and calm people down and stay focused.
Empathy is my third strength and I personally think it is the most important of the three. I will be able to connect with my co-workers on a deeper level, and hopefully help me advance in the company. Being empathetic will also be great when writing about a broad variety of topics and people that might be very different from my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment